The Rise Masters Scholarship is a prestigious program that offers promising young people from around the world the opportunity to pursue a master’s degree at one of the top universities in the world, while also joining a global community of service-oriented leaders. If you are between the ages of 18 and 25, and you have a passion for solving humanity’s most pressing problems, you might be eligible for this scholarship. In this post, we will guide you through the application process, the benefits of the program, and some tips to increase your chances of success.
- Business Telecommunications Services: How to Choose the Best for Your Needs
- Car Insurance For Young Drivers: What Is It And How Does It Work
- Driving Records: How Often Do Car Insurance Companies Check It
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Courses : All You Need To Know
- How to Invest in Gold and Silver IRA: A Complete Guide for 2023
- Best Tablet for Nursing School: How to Choose
What is the Rise Masters Scholarship?
The Rise Masters Scholarship is a part of the Rise initiative, a program that finds and supports talented young people who have the potential to make a positive impact on the world. The program is an initiative of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, and it is the anchor program of a $1 billion commitment from Eric and Wendy Schmidt to find and support global talent. The program started in 2020, and it aims to create a network of exceptional people who can work together throughout their lives to serve others.
The Rise Masters Scholarship is one of the benefits that the Rise Global Winners receive. The Rise Global Winners are selected from the pool of Rise Finalists, who are chosen through a rigorous and holistic application process that includes videos, projects, group interviews, and assessments. The Rise Global Winners are awarded a need-based scholarship to pursue a master’s degree at one of the partner universities of the program, which include some of the most prestigious institutions in the world, such as Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, and more. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs, and other academic expenses.
What are the benefits of the Rise Masters Scholarship?
The Rise Masters Scholarship is not just a financial aid, but also a lifetime opportunity to join a global community of service-oriented leaders. As a Rise Masters Scholar, you will:
- Receive mentorship, networking, and career development opportunities from the Rise team and the partner organizations.
- Access additional funding and support for your projects and initiatives that aim to solve humanity’s most pressing problems.
- Participate in events, workshops, and activities that will enhance your skills, knowledge, and leadership potential.
- Connect with other Rise Global Winners and Rise Finalists, who share your passion, vision, and values.
- Contribute to the Rise community and the wider society through your service and impact.
How to apply for the Rise Masters Scholarship?
To apply for the Rise Masters Scholarship, you need to first apply for the Rise program, which is open to young people between the ages of 15 and 17. The application for the 2024 cohort is open until January 17, 2024, and you can apply online through the Rise website or an alternative, low-tech pathway if you have limited access to technology. The application consists of four steps:
- Tell us about yourself: Complete your profile and answer two questions that help us get to know you better. You can use written words and videos to express yourself.
- Submit your project: Demonstrate your talents and benefit your community by developing a project. Identify your topic, research it, design a plan, execute that plan, and reflect on your work.
- Complete two assessments: Showcase a different side of your brilliance by taking quizzes and playing logic games. You will also have an opportunity to review other projects with a peer review.
- Participate in a group interview: Engage with other applicants and the Rise team in a live, online discussion. You will be asked to share your opinions, ideas, and experiences on various topics.
The Rise team will evaluate your application based on four criteria: academic readiness, perseverance, leadership, and service. You will receive feedback and guidance throughout the process, and you will be notified of your status at each stage. If you are selected as a Rise Finalist, you will be invited to attend a residential summit, where you will meet other finalists, participate in activities, and undergo a final interview. The Rise Global Winners will be announced after the summit, and they will be eligible for the Rise Masters Scholarship and other benefits.
Tips to increase your chances of success
The Rise program is highly competitive, and it requires a lot of dedication, creativity, and passion. Here are some tips to help you prepare and improve your application:
- Start early: The application process is time-consuming and challenging, so you should start working on it as soon as possible. Give yourself enough time to research, plan, and execute your project, and to revise and polish your responses.
- Be authentic: The Rise team wants to see the real you, not what you think they want to see. Be honest, genuine, and original in your answers, and showcase your personality, interests, and values. Don’t be afraid to share your challenges, failures, and learnings, as they demonstrate your resilience and growth.
- Be creative: The Rise program is looking for young people who can think outside the box, and who can come up with innovative solutions to the problems they care about. Use your imagination, curiosity, and skills to create a project that is meaningful, impactful, and original. Don’t limit yourself to conventional or popular topics, but explore your passions and ideas.
- Be service-oriented: The Rise program is not just about academic excellence, but also about social responsibility and leadership. Show how you have contributed to your community, and how you plan to use your education and talents to serve others. Demonstrate your empathy, compassion, and vision for a better world.
The Rise Masters Scholarship is a unique and rewarding opportunity for young people who want to pursue a master’s degree at one of the top universities in the world, while also joining a global community of service-oriented leaders. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you need to first apply for the Rise program, which is open to young people between the ages of 15 and 17. The application deadline for the 2024 cohort is January 17, 2024, and you can apply online or through an alternative, low-tech pathway. The application process is rigorous and holistic, and it requires you to showcase your potential through videos, projects, group interviews, and assessments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for the Rise program?
Applicants for the 2024 cohort must be between the ages of 15 and 17 as of July 1, 2024, meaning they were born on or between July 2, 2006, and July 1, 2009.
What does Rise look for in applicants?
Rise looks for applicants who demonstrate academic readiness, perseverance, leadership, and service. These are the four criteria that the Rise team uses to evaluate the applications.
How is the application evaluated?
The application is evaluated through a holistic and rigorous process that includes videos, projects, group interviews, and assessments. The Rise team provides feedback and guidance throughout the process and notifies the applicants of their status at each stage.
How competitive is the application process?
The application process is highly competitive, as Rise aims to select the most promising young people from around the world. In 2020, Rise received over 100,000 applications from 165 countries and selected 100 Rise Global Winners.
What are the guidelines for submitting a response?
The guidelines for submitting a response vary depending on the type of response (video or text) and the question. You can find the specific instructions and tips for each question on the Rise website. In general, you should follow these guidelines:
- Be authentic: Show the real you, not what you think the Rise team wants to see.
- Be creative: Use your imagination, curiosity, and skills to create a project that is meaningful, impactful, and original.
- Be service-oriented: Show how you have contributed to your community, and how you plan to use your education and talents to serve others.
Why might my response be rejected?
Your response might be rejected if it violates the Rise Code of Conduct, which includes the following rules:
- Be respectful: Treat others with respect and kindness. Do not use abusive, hateful, or discriminatory language or images.
- Be honest: Do not lie, cheat, or plagiarize. Do not submit someone else’s work as your own.
- Be safe: Do not share personal or sensitive information, such as your full name, address, phone number, or email. Do not ask for or offer money, gifts, or favors.
Is the application available in languages other than English?
Yes, the application is available in 15 languages, including Arabic, Bengali, English, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Yoruba. You can choose your preferred language on the Rise website.
Should I apply with video or text responses?
You can apply with either video or text responses, depending on your preference and access to technology. Video responses allow you to express yourself more fully and creatively, while text responses are more convenient and accessible.